Okay friends, it is OFFICIALLY the holiday season – so you know what time it is… It is COOKIE TIME! Now, if this is too early for you to celebrate the holiday season, well – then ignore anything we write regarding “holiday”, and just skip to the recipe. What recipe? Funny you should ask – today, we are baking chocolate chip cut-out sugar cookies! You are so right, it is a blend of your two favorites and ours, the one and only chocolate chip cookie and her sister, the sugar cookie.
Now, what makes this recipe even more special is that it is a blend of the delicious sugar cookie and chocolate chip cookies that you can find calling your name at bakeries on the Walt Disney World Resort property. Do you struggle looking at the case to decide what to pick? Us too. Naturally, the gingerbread is one of our favorites, but that recipe will come soon enough. After grabbing the “copy-cat” recipes for both cookies, we blended to make the most perfect of cookies! Don’t you worry, this can be considered a Christmas cookie therefore, the calories do not count!
½ cup – sugar
½ cup – brown sugar
1 cup – butter (room temperature)
1 – egg
1 tsp. – vanilla
2 ¾ cup – flour
¾ cup – chocolate chips
- With the butter at room temperature, cream the butter and vanilla together until soft.
- Add in both sugars and mix gently with a spoon.
- Slowly add flour until cookie mixture is at a solid (not sticky) consistency.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Blend on wax paper and place in the refrigerator (covered) for approximately one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375*
- Roll cookie dough onto wax paper approximately ¼ inch think.
- Cut into your favorite shapes.
- Place on a cookie sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake at 375* for 8-12 minutes.
- Enjoy with milk!
Contact us today! email@example.com