During this time of quarantine, we have been enjoying so many things like exercise, sunshine, Disney+ and well… eating. Let’s be honest, who can honestly say they have eaten less during quarantine? If you have…share your secrets, because our candy jar seems to have a hole in the bottom of it. Now, if you are like us and enjoy creating Disney magic at home, then you will love what we are bringing to the table (literally) today. Enter Tonga Toast from Disney’s Polynesian Resort! This gooey, sweet, do not go swimming breakfast is one of the easiest meals to make for a Disney recipe. Enjoy!
4 – large eggs
1 1/3 c – whole milk
¼ tea – cinnamon
1 tbl – sugar
3 in – sliced sour dough
bananas – peeled and sliced (does not matter which way)
1. Whisk eggs until beaten (sorry eggs). Add remaining ingredients. Mix. Mix. Mix.
2. Pour oil (of your choice) into a deep pot and let oil heat up. Be careful not to burn the oil or yourself, frankly.
3. Cut sourdough bread into 3-inch pieces.
4. Slice bread enough to stuff with banana. Go easy here pal, the bread can break or crumble leaving you with a Tonga Mess.
5. Dip stuffed bread into batter and let the excess drip off.
6. CAREFULLY place into oil for a few minutes on each side. Remove when golden brown and drain excess oil.
7. Roll toast in cinnamon-sugar mix.
8. Add butter and syrup and enjoy!
9. Remember – Mom always says no swimming on a full stomach. Listen!
Until we see you in the parks, or book your next vacation – enjoy this slice of magic from our magical home to yours!
Your referrals are our most MAGICAL compliments!
Contact us today! firstname.lastname@example.org