I’m going to say it… we are officially Walt Disney World® Foodies! Alright, we are self-proclaimed foodies, but nonetheless – we know our treats! While we have always loved the different tastes of the Walt Disney World® Resort, we have recently found interest in finding new treats both sweet and savory! Let us tell you, we are having a blast taste testing, but our trying to maintain our waistlines – well that’s a different blog. Just about two weeks ago, we were gallivanting around Epcot for the International Flower & Garden Festival taking photos and tasting around the world. While we would have to admit that nearly everything we tasted was magical, we found some new favorites! Check out our top five new samples (for us) from Epcot’s International Flower and Garden Festival booths.
5. Pizza Toscana ~ Primavera Kitchen: Pizza Toscana was described as a rustic Italian flatbread with sweet sausage, caramelized onion, mozzarella, asiago, and parmesan cheeses, and was really delicious. If you enjoy white pizza, you would enjoy the flavors of this pizza. We also appreciated the lack of dripping grease. It sounds gross, but it is more disturbing to have to contort your body around a plate and a table to avoid grease dripping everywhere, so it was nice that with all of the delicious cheeses and flavors somehow the grease magically disappeared.
4. Bloomin’ Blueberry Lemon & Ginger Tea ~ Trowel & Trellis: This deliciously looking drink was equally as tasty and you would not even know that there was Tito’s vodka mixed in, which can be both a good and a bad thing. This drink was beyond refreshing and super large in size! If you are not a “tea drinker”, you will love this drink as it tasted like blueberry lemonade without the tartness. It was even better (and quite humorous) trying to eat the delicious blueberries that were left in the drink! Added bonus – you get a souvenir plastic mason jar!
3. Tarte au Chévre ~ Fleur de Lys: For all of the French onion soup fans out there – this is your tart! The tarte literally tastes like French onion soup on a buttery soft pastry. The crust is buttery and flakey with the perfect balance of onion and goat cheese on top. There is a ton of flavor in every single bite. Even if you are not the biggest of goat cheese fans, the way the tarte is cooked and prepared will be appetizing to you – we promise!
2. Szechuan Spicy Beef ~ Lotus House: Tender, lean beef, deliciously spicy and tang sauce on top of white rice – sounds boring right? Wrong! This dish had all of the right flavors. We had no shame in our game and mixed everything together, I mean why leave the white rice plain? The meet was tender and soft, with little or no fat and you got a fair amount of beef. The sauce had just enough spice to make it well, spicy, but not too much where you needed to guzzle water instantly. We also loved how they gave you enough sauce! For some of us not being “beef fans” and others not the biggest of fans of Asian food – we ALL loved this dish.
1. Fried Cauliflower ~ Taste of Marrakesh: Who would have thought one of our new favorite dishes would be a fried vegetable, but it was. The fried cauliflower from Morocco was to die for and in fact, this was one of the few samples, which we bought more than one. Crispy fried cauliflower with capers, garlic parsley and chili ranch sauce, was a bit spicy but so full of flavor. Perfectly cooked, you would never guess you were eating cauliflower. It was just that good. Every tiny piece was jam packed with flavor. Even better was the fact that for being fried – the cauliflower was not greasy, but nice and crispy. We are certainly crossing our fingers that this dish returns to the festival next year!
You would never imagine how stuffed you can get from trying samples from each booth, but you do! We really love spending time at each booth finding new tastes to try. So while our top favorites are pretty much anything from Northern Bloom, we are excited to share our NEW favorites from this past trip.
If you are interested in planning your Walt Disney World® Resort vacation, let us take care of that for you at no extra cost! Plus as an added bonus – we will tell you were to find all the delicious snacks!
Your referrals are our most MAGICAL compliments!
Contact us today! firstname.lastname@example.org