One of the many reason we love to visit Walt Disney World® every year, is that there is always something new and exciting to see. We can’t wait for our upcoming trip in April to step foot in Toy Story Land as we just missed seeing it by a couple months last April. The Toy Story movies are one of Bryan’s favorites and we are super excited to experience this awesome addition to Hollywood Studios. While Toy Story Land was definitely one of the highlights for new additions in 2018, we wanted to take some time to let you all know what is up and coming for 2019 throughout the Walt Disney World® Resort.
Mickey & Minnie’s Surprise Celebration in honor of their 90th birthday’s there are several special experiences all dedicated to these special mice. All the fun starts January 18th
- Meet Mickey and Minnie at Town Square Theater: Mickey and Minnie will be in special celebration outfits! We highly recommend Memory Maker as part of your vacation package to capture this special picture opportunity. Check out or blog all about the Memory Maker here: Memory Maker Explained
- Celebration Station art Town Square Theater: Make sure to sign the guest book so Mickey and Minnie remember your visit during this exciting celebration
- Move It Shake It! MousekeDance It! Street Party will take over the usual Move It Shake It! Street Party. Donald Duck, Daisy Duck, Goofy join Mickey and Minnie several times throughout the day, make sure to check the times guide as this is a must see party!
- Pluto will greet guests at Pete’s Silly Slideshow in Storybook
- From January 18th to September 30th, the Dapper Dans and the Casey’s Corner piano player along with other residents of Main Street U.S.A. will also have special musical performances honoring Mickey and Minnie
- Unique treats and merchandise will be found throughout Magic Kingdom
- Withe the celebration being a surprise, be on the look out for other limited celebratory experiences throughout Magic Kingdom
- IllumiNations: Reflections of Earth farewell. While an exact date has not been set, later in 2019 an all new nighttime spectacular will replace this beloved show.
- Disney on Broadway Concert series will be 7 days a week during the Epcot International Festival of the Arts taking place from January 18th to February 25th
- Garden Rocks Concert series will also be 7 days a week during the Epcot International Flower and Garden Festival from March 6th to June 3rd.
- This year on May 1st, Hollywood Studios will celebrate it’s 30th anniversary!
- The Incredibles will take over Pixar Place and transform it to Municiberg beginning January 18th. You can meet Edna Mode, help track down Jack-Jack, and make sure to check out the block party featuring Mr. and Mrs. Incredible and Frozone
- Meet Mike and Sulley at Walt Disney Presents starting on January 18th
Lightning McQueen’s Racing Academy: hear from Lightning McQueen himself during this all new show. Also get to meet Cruz Ramirez right outside the Racing Academy.
- Mickey & Minnie’s Runaway Railway will open later this year, an exact date has not been released yet
- The must anticipated Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge is set to open in fall of 2019
As The Lion King celebrates it’s 25th anniversary this year, Animal Kingdom is featuring some new experiences dedicated to this awesome movie.
- From January 18th to September 30th experience the Hakuna Matata Time Dance Party
- 3-D photo spots will be available from January 18th to September 30th that will allow guests to put themselves in classic scenes from The Lion King movie, yet another great reason to purchase the Memory Maker!
- NBA Experience – summer 2019
- Jaleo – chef José Andrés will open his biggest Jaleo restaurant in winter of 2019!
- Disney’s Riveria Resort a new Disney Vacation Club resort is set to open in fall of 2019
- Disney Skyliner: Gondola style transportation system that will connect Epcot, Hollywood Studios, Disney’s Art of Animation Resort, Disney’s Pop Century Resort, Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort, Disney’s Riveria Resort and is set to open in fall of 2019
As you can see 2019 is going to be quite the year for new things to see at Walt Disney World® Resort. If you are thinking about Walt Disney World® trip, we would love to help you plan your magical vacation. We are able to book vacation packages through all of 2019! Don’t forget our services are always free when booking a vacation package with us!
Your referrals are our most MAGICAL compliments!
Contact us today! email@example.com
One thought on “What’s New for 2019 at Walt Disney World® Resort”