One of the perks to staying on Walt Disney World Resort® property is the ability to use the complimentary ground transportation to and from Orlando International Airport and your Walt Disney World Resort® via Disney’s Magical Express. This service is complimentary for all domestic flights. This is a great stress free way to get to and from the airport. We are often asked how this all works and are dedicating this blog to the ins and outs of using Disney’s Magical Express. We always use this service and consider it our “first ride” of every Walt Disney World vacation.
Which Walt Disney World Resorts® participate in Disney’s Magical Express?
- Bay Lake Tower at Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Boulder Ridge Villas at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s All-Star Movies Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Music Resort
- Disney’s All-Star Sports Resort
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Jambo House
- Disney’s Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village
- Disney’s Art of Animation Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Resort
- Disney’s Beach Club Villas
- Disney’s BoardWalk Inn
- Disney’s BoardWalk Villas
- Disney’s Caribbean Beach Resort
- Disney’s Contemporary Resort
- Disney’s Coronado Springs Resort
- Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort & Campground
- Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Old Key West Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort
- Disney’s Polynesian Villas & Bungalows
- Disney’s Pop Century Resort
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter
- Disney’s Port Orleans Resort – Riverside
- Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort & Spa
- Disney’s Wilderness Lodge
- Disney’s Yacht Club Resort
- The Cabins at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Campsites at Disney’s Fort Wilderness Resort
- The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa
What do you need to do before you arrive?
Once you have your Walt Disney World Resort reservation, at any time you can then add your flight information once you book it. Part of our fee free services for any client that books with us, is setting up your Disney’s Magical Express reservations for you. Each person in your traveling party will receive 1 yellow luggage tag from Disney’s Magical Express. If you are in need of more than 1 luggage tag per person, no worries at all. A simple phone call is all it takes! The yellow luggage tags and information are mailed out approximately 2-3 weeks prior to your travel date. It is important to attach your yellow Magical Express luggage tags to your luggage if you plan on skipping baggage claim and having your luggage delivered to your resort. A couple key things to keep in mind regarding the luggage service offered by Disney’s Magical Express
- Luggage service is available for all flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm. If your flight arrives outside of this window, you will need to retrieve your luggage from baggage claim prior to going to the Disney’s Magical Express check-in desk
- If you do not receive your yellow luggage tags or if you forget to put them on your luggage, don’t panic; all you need to to is take your baggage claim numbers to the Magical Express check-in desk and they will retrieve your luggage for you
- Your luggage can take about 3 hours to get delivered to your resort, so make sure you have everything you will need for your first few hours packed in your carry on
- Don’t pack your Magic Bands in your checked luggage; you will need these to scan at the Magical Express check-in desk
What do you do when you arrive at Orlando International Airport?
If you arrive between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm and are having your luggage taken to your resort, you simply need to go to Level 1 on the B side of the airport where you will check-in at the Disney’s Magical Express desk. If you will retrieving your own luggage, go right to baggage claim and then proceed to Level 1 B side to the check in desk. You will then be assigned a line number and will be whisked away to your Walt Disney World Resort® shortly. Depending on how many stops there will be it could take up to 90 minutes from the time you board your motorcoach until you arrive at your resort. Sit back and enjoy the ride as you get to watch some Disney information videos, Disney shorts, and play Disney trivia.
How does getting back to the Orlando International Airport work?
Typically you will be picked up at your resort approximately 3 hours prior to your flight time. You will receive a letter slid under your resort door the day before that will provide you the information regarding your return to the Orlando International Airport. Make sure you hold onto this letter as you will need to hand this to the cast member operating the motorcoach when you are picked up. If you are flying on one of the following airlines you can take advantage of resort check in at all of the above listed resorts.
- Alaska Airlines
- American Airlines
- Delta Air Lines (U.S. Domestic Flights Only)
- JetBlue Airways
- Southwest Airlines
- United Airlines
Between 5:00 am to 12:00 pm you can check in for your flight including checking your luggage, receiving boarding passes when you are flying with these participating airlines. It is such a nice feeling to not have to worry about your luggage and also saves you some time when you arrive at the airport. We also take advantage of this service and usually arrive pretty close to 5:00 am to check in and give us plenty of time to get ready to enjoy our last day in the parks. If you are flying with an airline that does not particiapte in resort airline check-in, you will simply need to have the front desk hold all of your luggage and then retrieve them all prior to boarding the Disney Magical Express motorocoach. You will then need to check all of your luggage when arriving to Orlando International Airport.
Make sure you keep everything you will need for the day in a carry on bag or with you. If you need to leave a carry on bag at the front desk of your hotel they will be more than happy to hold if for you. We always recommend leaving the park about 2 hours prior to your Magical Express pick-up time if you are using in order to allow for time for the travel back to your resort and to give yourself time to gather your carry on bag etc. As much as we all would to stay at Walt Disney World, we definitely don’t want to miss our flights home.
We love using Disney’s Magical Express! We would also love to help you plan your next Walt Disney World Resort® vacation! As always are services fee-free when booking a vacation package with us!
Your referrals are our most MAGICAL compliments!
Contact us today! firstname.lastname@example.org