If you are in the Walt Disney World® Resort anytime in late August through early November, then you might find yourself hearing about Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or MNSSHP. People of ALL ages (trust us ALL ages) love Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party. Let’s find out why.
Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party is a Halloween themed, family friendly event in the Magic Kingdom held on specific nights at 7:00pm. The event requires a special event ticket. A limited number of tickets are sold for each party, leaving shorter lines and a more intimate experience. Beginning at 4:00pm MNSSHP guests can enter the Magic Kingdom (early) through a designated entrance. And yes, if you are wondering costumes (following Disney’s guidelines) are permitted.
Dates: August 25, & 29, 2017
September 1, 7, 10, 12, 15, 17, 19, 22, 24, 26, 29, 2017
October 1, 3, 5, 6, 9, 10, 12, 13, 15, 17, 19, 20, 22, 24, 26, 27, 29, 31, 2017
November 1, 2017
What Happens: There are so many special events at MNSSHP! From shows and snacks to trick or treating and fireworks. The party features a the Halloween parade – Boo to You, a special edition fireworks show HalloWishes, Halloween party themed treats for sale at the snack locations, special party merchandise, and Trick or Treat at different locations in the park. You will find a Villain Dance Party in Tomorrowland and Hocus Pocus Spelltacular at the Castle Forecourt stage. Many of the rides are open during the event with much shorter wait times. There are also special opportunities to get photos with characters you don’t usually see in the park such as Jack Skellington and the Seven Dwarfs as well as traditional Disney characters dressed up in their finest Halloween costumes. For all of you who enjoy Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom – there are special cards just for those attending the party!
1. Check-in for the party begins at 4pm. If you are not already in the Magic Kingdom, you can enter through a special party designated line. In this line your party tickets will get activated and you’ll receive a special MNSSHP wristband. If you are already enjoying the Magic Kingdom, find the nearest party check-in counter to where you are in the park (there are multiple locations) to activate your ticket and get your wristband.
2. Eat Early! Even though MNSSHP runs from 7pm – 12am, believe it or not you will not have sufficient time to stop and eat dinner. Sure you will have time for the special snacks, but dinner will waste a good chunk of your time. Plus, if you are like us – you are going to want to enjoy food before munching on all of the Halloween treats.
3. Put the rides on the back burner. The lines for the open attractions will be significantly shorter (FastPass is not available during the party), but focus your attention on activities that you cannot do on a regular day in the Magic Kingdom
4. Trick or Treat!! No matter how young or old – trick or treating is a must. Everyone will be trick or treating and it is an absolute blast. Don’t worry about bringing extra bags, Disney will hand every guest at the party a special trick or treat bag.
5. Try the snacks. The special Halloween treats are only available at certain locations and ONLY during the party. Don’t miss out on them! The candy corn ice cream was our favorite!
6. Plan your attack. When you check in for the party you will receive a special MNSSHP map. This map will be your life saver throughout the night, so you might need to ask for another (maybe two if you’re into scrap booking like we are!) Before the party officially begins, come up with a plan for what shows you want to attend, which characters you would like to see, your trick or treating route etc. This will make your evening run smoothly. It’s important to highlight the events of the evening that are important to you. Without a proper plan, you might miss a show and find yourself stressed and overwhelmed. There’s a lot to do, a lot of special things to do. Remember, this is a specially ticketed event. Everything that happens during the party is unique to the event.
7. If you’re old enough or awake enough to wait for the second showing of the Boo to You Parade – wait! It is far less crowded.
8. Magic Photos! If you have the Memory Maker during the party make sure to ask for magic photos, you won’t believe how spooktacular they are.
9. Don’t be shy. We attended Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party as adults and had one the BEST times. At Disney, everyone is welcome and they want EVERYONE to participate and embrace their inner child. Remember Peter Pan – never grow up!
10. Allergy Friendly! No worries if you have allergies! Cast members will give you a bag that looks entirely different so they notice right away that you cannot have the traditional candy. Some locations have special allergy friendly treats, while other locations will give you coins to redeem at allergy friendly locations throughout the Magic Kingdom.
11. Make sure you check out the MNSSHP merchandise before leaving the party. You will NOT be able to purchase any of the merchandise once the party is over.
12. Book with Bryan and Tammi with Ears of Experience, LLC. We will help you plan the most special evening!
Contact us today! email@example.com